Personally, here is a few of my tips to keep colds and flu’s at bay naturally and keep a healthy immune system. I always make sure I notice if I feel symptoms coming on and do lots of the following. It tends to keep me at my best and able to fight the virus’s off.
- As always listen to your body and keep the water and fluids up to flush it out.
- Keep up vitamin c (im loving sweet grapefruit at the moment – added to juice or hot water It is packed with the nutrients and minerals your body needs to fight colds/flu’s
- Deep red juices full of antioxidents (blackcurrant/apple/blueberry are also great)
- Don’t overdo exercise – you can still exercise..dont over do it though
- Get a good night’s rest
- Garlic – roasted is delicious, sorry to any future kissing partners. :)))
- Echinacea – get a good supplement
- Reishi mushroom and Codonopsis are also excellent herbs to build immune system if you want to go holistic (in liquid form from a naturopath I believe is best and get advice before taking if you are pregnant or breastfeeding)
Some other Benefits of grapefruit
This juicy fruit contains citric acid, natural sugars, essential oils like limonene, pinene and citral. It has high amounts of vitamin C, and smaller amounts of vitamin A, B complex, E and K.
In the mineral department, larger amounts of calcium, folic acid, phosphorus, and potassium are found. The nutritive phytonutrients of this voluptuous fruit¾liminoids, flavonoids, lycopene and glucarates¾help fight cancer and various diseases.