If there is one thing that I am certain of, it is this: You have unique gifts and talents to share with the world.
I’m here to let you know that every single one of you has an important purpose in life. Every single one of you has some or many strengths, qualities, talents and abilities which will be of great service to both yourself and others.
It may be as simple as by being a parent, grand-parent or caregiver…
Maybe part of your life-purpose is living your dreams and inspiring others through well-being & sport…
It may be showing compassion or contributing to a charity…
…Or music and dancing…
…Perhaps it’s connecting to Mother Nature…
…Or working in job or business you are passionate about and providing for your self, family and others. Maybe your business provides good jobs for people, as well as a service to others:
Maybe you don’t always value your work, your gifts and your talents…and so maybe now is the time that you do. It doesn’t matter that there are times when you feel doubt and overwhelm – that is totally okay – think of those times as being a compass to remind you to look within and see your goodness. Let those times be a like reminder to take time out and nurture yourself, give yourself what you need to flourish and guide you back to your unique flame and brightness within.
Essentially, what I am talking about is self esteem. It is also one of the topics I am being asked to speak more frequently on in schools. Self esteem is nothing to do with being any better or any worse than anyone else. Rather, self-esteem is how much you love, value and accept yourself - it is knowing that you are worthy of a wonderful life including experiences, abundance, relationships, jobs and lots more. It is knowing you are unique and special and most of all that you are totally deserving of love and life.
Here are a few self-esteem boosters and activities to get you and others feeling good and improve your self-esteem.
- Take time out to do activities you enjoy. It can be anything – cooking, music, running, cycling, swimming, walking, gardening, shopping, writing, drawing, being with loved ones or anything else that gives you joy.
- Give a genuine compliment to someone
- Express gratitude for what is good in your life, you can express this to yourself in a gratitude journal, or to someone else who has helped you.
- Take care of your body and mind in healthy ways – exercise, rest, sleep, healthy food, meditation
- Give yourself permission to say ‘no’ politely to others when you need time for yourself and your life
- Communicate in your relationship’s and express your feelings in appropriate ways – talk through what is going well, what needs work, what is okay and what is not okay
- Stop investing your energy in others dramas and instead, invest energy in improving your quality of life and your well-being.
- Affirmations: – these are words that you say to yourself that you believe to be true or want to be true. For example my favourite affirmation right now is:
“Grace I totally back you, I totally love you, I totally accept you. Everything is working out for your highest good.
Body-image is different to self-esteem. Body image is how you feel about the way that you look, it is not about how anybody actually looks.
Don’t subscribe to the old way of thinking and looking at ‘one type’ of model or celebrity body type or shape. The truth is, we are supposed to come in all different shapes and sizes as humans and all can be appreciated and beautiful. I believe the most attractive beings are those who have learnt how to be comfortable in their own skin and appreciate their power and strength within. Focus on this and your beauty will shine through magnificently.
You can improve your body image by focusing and appreciating your body for all it allows you to do in this life-time. Rather than focusing on what you don’t have which is a waste of time and will only make you feel bad, instead, pay attention to how your body is working well, improving, healing, functioning and helping you life in life.
Remember…even as you search for your path, you will find you are walking upon it. You, my special friend and loved one, can always, cherish life and always keep taking your life in a valued direction.
YOU are a valueable and worthy spiritual and human being simply by breathing and being alive.